Friday, July 8, 2011

Raspberry Pomegranate Sorbet


Last weekend, I wanted something colorful and summery to celebrate the Fourth of July, but this recipe works just fine on non-holiday weekends too. I think it qualifies as a cheater's sorbet since it's so simple. I suppose you could go through the trouble of straining the seeds, but I'd rather just keep dental floss nearby. And, you can always top the sorbet with a little prosecco for a dressed up version of an ice cream float.

Raspberry Pomegranate Sorbet
1 10 oz. bag frozen raspberries
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 cup pomegranate juice

Combine in blender and blend until raspberries are broken down and mixture reaches a pourable consistency. Pour into a container and freeze until firm.

19 comments:

  1. Oh yum..this sounds really delicious. I'm totally going to try it. Thanks and have a lovely Friday morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so refreshing!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. adding prosecco to anything is always the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty and easy...perfect for holiday weekends and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy. So refreshing for hot days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds too easy!! It's basically frozen smoothie - brilliant!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to try this!! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - can't believe how simple it is - might have to try this this weekend - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh.my.goodness. That is the prettiest food-related item I've seen all day! Bookmarked:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh num! Next hot day we have here in Seattle, I'm making these! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, YUM!! This looks amazing!! And so bright and colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh YUM! this looks so refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful blog you have! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Natalie! This sounds most refreshing right now. You know Savannah is steamy and way too hot! Stay cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks positively DELICIOUS!!! I am going to recommend it to the dessert chef at our house (my darling wife).

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks divine and I don't know how I missed this!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips