Friday, March 21, 2008

A Sweeter Easter


One of the charming, little delights of Easter is the distinct candy that accompanies it. Bunny and chick-themed treats may start appearing in drugstores after Valentine's Day, but if you love candy the way I do, you probably don't mind. Everyone has there favorites. Personally, I'm a fan of bubble gum eggs, pastel M&M's
and Cadbury's mini eggs. They're
tasty, cute and all of them make fine filler for those lovably tacky and kid-friendly chocolate nests, which can be made using chow mein noodles, coconut and even shredded wheat.
I've never had much use for Peeps, except as microwavable entertainment, but some people love them. If you're one of those special individuals, check the official Peeps Web site for some...well, interesting recipe ideas, including Peep fondue. Oh the humanity! Then of course, there's the candy that'll make a bunny cluck, the Cadbury Creme Egg. To learn more about the history of the egg-shaped treat, check out this informative and entertaining "interview." And finally, there's the ever reliable chocolate bunny, available in a range of sizes to suit any appetite.

What's your favorite Easter treat?

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, those bubble gum eggs are so much fun in that little plastic container. But I love me my gooey cadbury eggs. unless some company figures out how to tie in elvis to the easter holiday in addition to valentine's. then that would be my favorite easter candy, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeppers - cadbury eggs are the most delightful of candy options. however, i have to lend a nod to my friend the jelly bean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't mess around. I go straight for the real calories... If you haven't tried a See's Rocky Road egg you haven't truly understood Easter candy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips