Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tea and Crumpets






When Seattle's signature gray gloom rolls around, my favorite spot to hide out in is The Crumpet Shop. I'd never had a crumpet before visiting, but they've since become one of my favorite comfort foods -- warm, moist, chewy, and craveable. Located next to Pike Place Market, The Crumpet Shop serves the English treats all day long. You can get a crumpet simply toasted and buttered or topped with preserves, honey, Nutella, basically anything you would want slathered on warm, spongy bread. Pair one with the shop's bottomless cups of tea, and you've got the perfect afternoon snack.

12 comments:

  1. I don't know that I've ever had a crumpet but it sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll remember to look for this place next time I'm in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love crumpets on a winters afternoon. Hot with lots of butter. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a crumpet, but now I certainly want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm...oh how i love the crumpet shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh crumpets! gotta find a recipe for those! next time we're in seattle we'll have to stop in for sure haha :)

    cute blog, btw, adding you to my blogroll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that's what a crumpet is. What a fun little outing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I walk past that store all the time, but have never been in. I must go! Those crumpets look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time I'm in Seattle, we are going to share some crumpets! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE tea and scones (or any other type of treat)! Wonderful blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, I love crumpets, though I like to call them crumps, but that's beside the point. When I visit Seattle one day, I will be sure to stop over here for one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I walk by it everyday- totally one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips