Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekend in Photos


It feels good to get back into the swing of things! Sorry for my absence these last couple weeks — I even forgot to do the March photo project. D’oh! I hope you’ll forgive me because I’m so excited to share my Austin adventures. Texas has been kind to us in our first week here, and we had a weekend full of beautiful weather, good friends and good food. Jonah’s birthday was Friday, so a bbq-filled visit to the Salt Lick and a trip to Amy’s Ice Cream were in order. On Saturday, we joined some friends at the Round Top Antique Fair, which was bigger than I could have ever imagined. We probably saw one-tenth of what was there before tiring out. There have already been multiple visits to Torchy’s Tacos, lots of driving and gawking at the wildflowers along the highway, and many glasses of iced tea. I think we picked the right city for us.

9 comments:

  1. the weekend in Austin this weekend was insane. so perfect. trying to enjoy it before it gets too hot, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need an Austin trip before we move out west. I am addicted to Torchy's Can't get enough of the green chile pork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to a good start! All that sunshine just makes me vicariously happy. Glad you are enjoying Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness does this look like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear you're settling into your new city...and such a fun, food-filled one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Torchy's Tacos and new adventures. We're in the process of looking for a place in Seattle and remembering just how hard it can be to find the right one! I'm using you as inspiration to keep the faith that we'll find one and get settled and all will be well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to visit Texas and hope to do so before we move out of the south! Welcome to the land of BBQ and amazing thrift/second hand/vintage shops!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips