Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Garlic Hands Be Gone


I absolutely love cooking with garlic, but one of my biggest pet peeves is the odor that's left on my hands when I'm done. For flavor, garlic's a yes, but for perfume, a big no. Luckily, there's a solution and it comes in the deodorizing form of stainless steel. Simply wash your hands with soap and water, while rubbing them against something made of stainless steel. Anything from a faucet to a knife to pots and pans ought to do the trick. If you're looking for a sleeker solution or a gadget for your foodie friends, many companies, like Lekker, make a stainless steel "soap" designed for this exact purpose. Apparently the stainless steel method doesn't work for everyone, but it did work for me. So next time you're making spaghetti sauce, give it a try. Your loved ones will thank you.

2 comments:

  1. That's one of my pet peeves too! What a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, This is an awesome tip! I use garlic atleast once daily in my cooking, and will start trying this out today itself. Thanks:-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips