Saturday, December 20, 2008

Yum, Yum, Give Me Some


Apparently yum yum bars are something different to just about everybody. I've found recipes that include cherries, marshmallows and chocolate shavings, but the yum yum bars I grew up with were a sweet, chewy, cream-cheesy bar, which I could eat a whole pan of. The recipe is super easy and just plain, well...yummy.

Yum Yum Bars

Crust:
1 yellow cake
1 egg
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup of finely chopped pecans

Filling:
2 eggs
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box of powdered sugar, 16 oz.

Preheat oven to 350. Press the crust down firmly in a 9x13 inch pan. Top with filling. Bake 35 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Your recipe is the same as mine, only my mother-in-law called them Chess Squares and served them at many functions where she needed to bake for a crowd. They are still one of my husband's favorites. What a great nostalgic recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cream cheese one sounds better than the one with cherries. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips