A few of you asked about the red carpet event I covered over the weekend, so I thought I'd share a little bit. My day job is writing and producing entertainment content for a website, and I was given the opportunity to cover the first ever Comedy Awards. It was my first red carpet experience, and here's what I learned:
- I learned that a red carpet is chaotic and loud, but you make friends with the reporters next to you.
- I learned that comedians are really funny, but you shouldn't laugh too much or you'll waste valuable question-asking time.
- I learned that standing in one position for two hours in heels in thirty degree weather leaves you with numb feet.
- I learned that Will Ferrell is probably one of the nicest celebrities out there -- he talked to every person on the red carpet.
- I learned that even reporters should smile. That's my face in the background, awkward expression and all, smack between Jon Stewart and Andy Samberg.
[photo courtesy of: wireimage]