Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Frocktails: Summer Sip

blue and green frocktail

Since I was in Savannah last week, my mom decided to play photographer, I attempted to be a modeler, and it all took place in a real-life backyard instead of my apartment living room. So yay for a summer frocktail! I'm pretty smitten with Anthropologie's emerald ripple dress. The colors, the stripes, the full skirt, it has Saturday night summer uniform written all over it.

For the cocktail, this blueberry-infused vodka lemonade recipe served as my inspiration, but I've always fancied myself a limeade sort of gal. You can just add the alcohol-soaked fruit to your limeade or go full throttle and mix in the blueberry-infused vodka for a tasty, gorgeous pink drink. I'd recommend the latter ... even if it doesn't match your dress.

boozy blueberry limeade

Boozy Blueberry Limeade
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen

Blueberry vodka
2 cups vodka
1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Limeade
3/4 cup lime juice
3/4 cup sugar
3 cups water
mint for for garnish

Put the fresh blueberries in the bottom of a jar or sealable container. Gently mash up the berries, add 2 cups vodka and store in the fridge for at least 12 hours to allow the blueberries to infuse into the vodka. The vodka will turn cloudy right away and turn purple the longer it infuses. After 12 hours, strain the vodka and set the blueberries aside.

To make limeade, combine one cup of water and 3/4 cup of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and make sure sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Combine with 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice and 2 cups of water. Chill in refrigerator. Makes about one quart.

Fill glass with ice, several of the vodka-infused blueberries and two parts limeade to one part blueberry vodka. Garnish with mint.

Dress found here. Frocktails is a monthly feature for fashion and libation inspiration. See past pairings.

7 comments:

  1. High five! Love this dress and it looks great on you. The blueberry limeade is up my alley. I've never liked lemonade. Thank you again for a great Frocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress! The drink sounds delicious. (I love the giant ferns in the background.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of my favorites so far - the dress is so cute and perfect for summer, and that drink looks so yummy & contrasts perfectly w/ the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, you are so cute in that dress! :) and I love this series of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so refreshing, and who can go wrong with Anthropologie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips