Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate


It's 70 degrees in Austin, but I'm thinking of my Northeast pals getting pummeled with snow, so I decided to heat up a pot of hot chocolate as a sign of solidarity. This coconut milk-based recipe is creamy and decadent, and I love adding a dash of spice with cinnamon. If you've got a second can of coconut milk handy, you can top off each mug with coconut whipped cream.

Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate

1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
1 ounce finely chopped chocolate (I like bittersweet)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan until hot but not boiling. Add the chocolate and stir until completely melted. Add cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir. Serves two.

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to make coconut hot chocolate for a while, and it seems theres never a better time than now with how simple it is and how warming it looks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips