Friday, January 30, 2015

Pimento Cheese Spread


What I love about pimento cheese is that it somehow manages to fit the menu at both a Super Bowl party and your grandmother's DAR luncheon. I'll keep myself busy snacking on this, while Jonah cheers on his precious Seahawks this Sunday. Thank goodness for the food that goes along with football.


Pimento Cheese Spread

2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 black pepper
4 ounces of diced pimentos, drained

Place the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper and pimentos into the large bowl of a mixer. Beat at medium speed until combined. Serve with bread or buttery crackers.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I love pimiento cheese. Your recipe sounds delish. I'll have to give it a try.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips