Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Valentine's Sweet: Homemade Heart Marshmallows

hot chocolate heart marshmallow
making marshmallows

I decided to give marshmallow-making a try and was pleasantly surprised with how fun it was. Very sticky, but relatively uncomplicated. I used a recipe from Smitten Kitchen, since it's never steered me wrong, and included both vanilla extract and scraped vanilla beans for some extra flavor. With my handy, two-inch wide heart cookie cutter, I ended up with about 20 marshmallows. Package them up as a sweet treat for your valentine, and more importantly, enjoy some yourself in a mug full of creamy hot chocolate. Then the next time you hear Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is," you'll remember, it's these marshmallows.

[recipe courtesy of Smitten Kitchen]

Also, last year's cinnamon-sugary Valentine's treat.

11 comments:

  1. so adorable! i love this.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, and so cozy! I'm secretly a marshmallow fan... though I have never tried to make them. Maybe now I will... ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss giving out the little Valentine's like in elementary school so I was thinking of doing something for the grumpy ladies in my office this year! These might be the perfect bet!! I'm going to bookmark the recipe!!

    They look so adorable!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and perfect for Valentine's Day! I would have eaten all the remnants surrounding the heart cut outs immediately :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop it!! I have never made marshmallows before. These are adorable. Definitely doing this for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never made marshmallows, but now I can't wait to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooo I am pretty much beyond inspired by this. I mean you know my affinity for hearts. Great job lady! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never made marshmallows before but after seeing these pictures, there's nothing else I want to make! As soon as I visit home, I'm going to treat myself by making these delicious treats. My boyfriend will get some too, if there's any left!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips