Thursday, February 9, 2012

Something Sweet and a Little Salty


When I made pretzels a couple of weeks ago, I had to set some aside for the ole cinnamon-sugar treatment. I made the pretzel normally, then brushed the top with melted butter and flipped it into a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. You can package one up in a brown paper bag, attach a note (some sort of knot/not pun is encouraged) and give it to someone special. I think pretzels look sort of heart-like, and it's the perfect way to say, "Happy Valentine's Day! You're the greatest. You deserve a delicious pretzel. Now give me half."

12 comments:

  1. Who got that bite you or J-boy? See u n a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good. Your cooking amazes me; mine never turn out quite as pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea and that pretzel looks delicious! Almost donut-y!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drool. Might have to make some pretzels this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delicious! I'm a sucker for a sweet pretzel. Cute gift idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute... And now I'm craving a pretzel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My!! Looks so good! Anything with Sugar an cinnamon is all I need =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good afternoon from L.A.!

    What a wonderfully sweet idea (and please don't excuse the pun!). A sweet, homemade pretzel with cinnamon-sugar not only sounds fab, it looks wonderful, too.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great-like a donut. But a pretzel. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty knots you have here...'ll go and try this out myself. Keep postin' =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips