Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Mimosa with a Twist


I think of blood oranges as a bright spot in dreary January. Over the weekend, I made blood orange mimosas and blood orange bars. While the bars didn't quite win me over (I think a different crust is in order), the cocktail hit the spot and would be the perfect way to add a splash of color to a winter brunch.

Blood Orange Mimosa

2 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed blood orange juice, chilled
1/2 oz. Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur (optional)
3 1/2 oz. chilled champagne or sparkling wine

Pour orange juice and orange liqueur into a flute or coupe. Top with champagne. Serves one.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That sounds so good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved adding Framboise to my mimosas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear! As usual, another great post!
    http://myabeschieri.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips