Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Crafts for Dummies


A few of you wanted to know more about the felt ball garland I posted earlier this week. Truth be told, I'm not a crafty person. My attempts usually end with quiet resignation and mild embarrassment. Even in this instance, my initial goal was to make this beautiful wreath, but once I realized the dexterity, patience and number of felt balls required, I quickly changed the plan to a foolproof garland. Grab a needle and thread and string together some felt balls purchased on Etsy. Done. And you still get that crafty high.

Jordan of Oh Happy Day also made her own garland. I like how she gets more bang for her felt ball buck by spacing them out a bit.

Also pictured above, my other homemade decoration, a pretty bottle full of cranberries floating in water. Sometimes I amaze myself. Have a wonderful weekend and enter this week's giveaway if you haven't yet!

15 comments:

  1. Ya done good sister! So cheerful and bright just like the holidays should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cute!!

    www.annawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its perfect! Looks so sweet:) I would love to make one too:)
    Happy Friday, my dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are adorable! I used to make felt balls all the time when I was little, and sometimes we made little ones and strung them on necklaces- kind of like a mini version of this project. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and your cranberries decoration. You're so Martha!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so cute! I'm a total dummy and this is *just* what I needed. Thank you! Hope your Friday's been terrific and you've a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! I love it! You should sell these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I. Love. This. Look at all the colors!!! Swoon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are definitely some felt balls in my future! LOVE what you did with yours! Thanks for the tip.
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having serious pom pom love! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! I have always wanted to make a wreath like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness that garland is cute. I've seen the wreath but you're right, it's kind of a lot of work! I'm going to try and make a garland similar that is made from yarn poofs because I have a lot of leftover yarn from a project that is too over my head! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally tried to do this last night, but with pom poms! I will try and post a picture tomm!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips