Monday, April 4, 2011

Friday Night In


I had the laziest weekend I've had in a long time, but as usual, the high point was food, including a deep dish pizza shipped in dry ice from Lou Malnati's in Chicago. My husband has been craving authentic deep dish ever since we were in Chicago last October, so he and some people at his office all chipped in and ordered five pizzas. It didn't quite compare with fresh from the oven deep dish, but it was pretty fantastic for a frozen pizza.

For dessert, we tried Ben & Jerry's latest flavor, a collaboration with Jimmy Fallon, called Late Night Snack. I bought it for the novelty and because I support all things Jimmy, but it's actually really good. Vanilla with a salted caramel swirl and chocolate-covered potato chip clusters. I kid you not. If you're a fan of the whole salty sweet thing, this may be your new guilty pleasure. Capping the night off by watching Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, which included an epic rendition of "Friday" really sealed the deal on a night full of stuff that's so bad, it's good.

21 comments:

  1. that ice cream sounds delicious. will definitely have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fallon + Colbert= awesome!

    must try that ice cream, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never met a pint I didn't love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a tasty looking weekend!! I need to go buy that ice cream now - sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really been wanting to try this ice cream but I haven't been able to find it!! Their version of Friday was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Colbert too much for words. And pizza and ice cream sounds like a fantastic night to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am dying over here. sadly i'm a facebook 'fan' of ben & jerry's and i've been looking for that flavor since it came out. stupid virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm sounds like my perfect night :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect night to me. I *puffy heart* Ben and Jerry's.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious video; that made my morning! And I can't wait to get my pregnant hands on that ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Loved "friday"... and the pizza looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Jimmy and had no clue there was an ice cream about him. Isn't Ben and Jerry's the best? What an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that ben and jerrys looks deeelllliiicccoouusss

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish that ice cream carton would appear in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. potato chips?? whoa. i won't knock it till i try it.

    the hubs was in michigan for business last week and sat down at a diner that offered bacon milkshakes. enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pizza traveled quite a distance to make this date, hope it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh I do so love a lazy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG James and I want to try his ice cream so badly! Potato chips + ice cream is a heavenly combo...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Um...Can I just say your Friday was PERFECT!? Pizza, Ice cream, and a Jimmy Fallon/Stephen Colbert collaboration? Gees lady!

    I have loved Jimmy Fallon forever- I think he is so under-rated!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips