Thursday, March 29, 2012

Eatin' Eton Mess


This is a dessert I eat year-round, but it always makes me think of spring, something about the subtle sweetness and lighter than air consistency. It's an English dessert called Eton mess. If you speak southern like me, it may sound more like "eatin' mess," which actually makes sense too. It has the same appeal of one of my other favorite desserts, pavlova, but it's much easier to make. It's just strawberries and whipped cream taken to another level by adding the crunch of meringue cookies, which you can make yourself or buy. Simple and quick happiness by the spoonful.

[recipe courtesy of: Nigella Lawson]

12 comments:

  1. That looks incredible! It's so simple too! I love meringue, it's hard to make but I LOVE it...I feel as though I'm eating something..er...healthy when I eat it! It feel like air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, this looks so good! I'm going to have to try to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five ingredients and it has strawberries? I'm sold! Looks delicious!! =) I have to try it!

    Lemanie's Randomness Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. welp. that looks delightful. adding it the repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! I can't eat it because of the whip cream, though. I need to find a substitute for that.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah, that looks so good. I love a beautiful Pavlova too, but for a quick, elegant dessert this Eaton Mess is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious. I think I will definitely have to try it. And I feel certain if I said this out loud, it would sound like "eatin mess". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM oh YUM! I am making these ... you've inspired me. I love making meringues so this will be the perfect dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love eton mess though i'm gonna stick with buying the meringues. i made meringues last summer and they were a sticky gooey (gross) mess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I want to taste this! Have you tried her nutella cheesecake (to die for)?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips