Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread with Apple Cider Glaze


I'd been wanting to make cinnamon sugar pull-apart bread for a while now. I spotted it on Pinterest months ago, and it just had Natalie written all over it. It probably has your name written on it too. In delicious cream cheese frosting.

Since this bread starts with a homemade dough, it's a good amount of work, but once you bite into that warm, buttery, soft, sweet deliciousness, all those memories of rising and waiting and sticky hands seem to vanish. I used this recipe from Joy the Baker, which is pretty darn thorough and exact, so I don't have much to add. I did use a larger loaf pan, so I just made sure to cut my sheets of dough wider. This made for fewer but bigger pieces to pull-apart


My only addition was an apple cider and cream cheese glaze because frosting only makes amazing things more amazing.

Apple Cider Glaze
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup apple cider

Combine ingredients with electric mixer until smooth and runny. Drizzle over pull-apart bread while it's still warm and serve immediately.


This and a cup of tea have Saturday morning written all over it.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing. Yes, it does have my name written allllllll over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing a fall recipe that isn't heavy on the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips