Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend in Photos


In all my years spent in New York, I'd never been to The Cloisters so it seemed like a necessary adventure. It's a museum and garden owned by The Metropolitan Museum of Art, and it's a really beautiful space overlooking the Hudson River. I'm always amazed by how quickly the scenery changes if you just go a little bit north. Then we headed downtown on the subway and rewarded all our uphill walking with Shake Shack. The rest of the weekend was filled with cocktail creating, tea and doughnuts and of course, Breaking Bad, which Jonah and I were discussing at 2 a.m. because I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it.

11 comments:

  1. That looks like a Breaking Bad sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyyy you were by my place. I live near the Cloisters. Hope you got great pics of the GW Bridge in Fort Tryon Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekends always seem delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cloisters was on my summer bucket list and I didn't make it up there, so I am hoping to get there this fall! Your pictures of the space are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 years in and I have yet to make it to the Cloisters! It's on my list though because everyone says it is lovely. Looks like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful images–and that cocktail looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everytime we come to NYC, I plan to go to the Cloisters, but haven't made it yet. You've inspired me......lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous weather! I've always wanted to do the Cloisters too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing your pics of the Cloisters! That has been on my NY bucket list for 5 years, now I'm even more inspired to make it happen!

    -Caroline
    www.chardonnaymoi.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'd never been to the cloisters?! Someday we should definitely go with Bethany and we'll show you all around the Narnia of our semi-youth. So magical. You were probably doing normal, cool college 20 year old things instead of frolicking around a pretend castle, so I guess you get a pass for missing that. But not next time :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips