Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dining at Blue Hill at Stone Barns


I feel fortunate to have partaken of a few memorable meals in my time, and now I have another worthy addition to the list. My parents, Jonah and I made the trip to Tarrytown on Sunday for a meal at Blue Hill at Stone Barns, and perfect is the only way to describe it. There are no menus just a little booklet of what's in season, so each course is a surprise. They call it a "farmers' feast" based around the day’s harvest and available ingredients.

There was a large emphasis on vegetables, often raw or barely cooked and so delicious. The chicken, ricotta, eggs and pork all came from their own farm animals. The presentation of dishes was inventive and occasionally interactive -- snip your own pea shoots -- and so many bites of food just made me want to melt into my chair.

At one point mid-meal, we were whisked away with our wine glasses to enjoy a course amidst the chaos and craftsmanship of the kitchen. It added another layer of specialness to the incredible meal. Definitely one for my mental record book.

5 comments:

  1. And don't forget all the interesting farm animals we met!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun! There's a micro gastronomy restaurant in Dallas I keep meaning to try.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips