Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing


As I mentioned yesterday, I stirred up some homemade blue cheese dressing for the Super Bowl and was a big fan of it. It was creamy and perfectly tangy and came together fast, totally worth the minimal effort in my opinion. I needed my own personal serving so I could double-dip the buffalo wings to my heart's content.

Blue Cheese Dressing
Recipe adapted from Food Network

3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup crumbled Maytag or other blue cheese (about 3 ounces), divided
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, 1/4 cup blue cheese, half and half, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and salt, until smooth. Gently stir in the remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese and season with pepper to taste. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. This sounds amazing. Being pregnant...they advise against eating blue cheese..and it is by far one of my favorites. Cannot wait to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips