Friday, June 20, 2008
Must-Haves for Summer
Today is officially the first day of summer, so I've put together a list of five items that are perfect for stylish living during these hot and hectic months.
5. These cheerful slingback wedges by Shoes For Lovely People are available at Piperlime. The fabric print and peep-toe are sweet and demure, while the cork heel and yellow patent leather bring some summer heat.
4. Why not look at the world through rose-colored glasses? Anthropologie's Hidden Agenda shades make it possible.
3. Cynthia Rowley has partnered with Target to create a charming line of house wares called Whim. Among the items is a set of colorful, acrylic tumblers, ideal for sipping lemonade outside.
2. Nothing says summer like seersucker. (Try that five times fast.) J. Crew has brought the fabric to the beach with adorable swimsuits, available in a one or two-piece.
1. I just bought a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker for myself. It's compact, affordable and will be put to good use during the summer months. If you're looking for recipe inspiration, I suggest The Perfect Scoop.