Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend in Photos


If the weekend begins with pizza and gelato, it's tough for things to get much better, but I got lucky. There was a long anticipated brunch at The Dutch with out-of-control honey butter biscuits and cornmeal flapjacks with blueberry syrup, some reading and trip-planning, late night Indian food and walks around SoHo and Greenwich Village yesterday, which happened to be move-in day for NYU freshmen. And since it was 10 years ago(!) that I moved into an NYU dorm, I thought a lot about my on-again, off-again love affair with this crazy city and all the wonderful people and things it has brought into my life.

10 comments:

  1. Have I ever told you how much I love your photos?? What's your secret?! They look so nonchalant, like you tripped and took a photo but they are so good!

    I've noticed college student starting to arrive here in Toronto. While this will only be my third fall as an observer, it still makes me wish I was still in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 years! Wow! Now I'm also feeling contemplative and grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freya,
    What a sweet thing to say! Thank you! I guess my secret is always having my camera ready to go and taking A LOT of pictures. And sometimes I do trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress photo is just so magical–I love it! And as usual, I'm now starving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love feeling nostalgic about those days. But instead of NYC, mine is for Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really great weekend (pizza! gelato!). I'm actually having memories of my college years lately too - my new job puts me in very close proximity to my alma mater. Seeing all the college kids move back on campus has made me feel weird and nostalgic all at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, pizza never looked better!

    www.eatblogpray.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips