Wednesday, August 15, 2012

California Wedding Weekend


I'm back from California, slightly jet-lagged but still smiling thanks to some quality friend time. Jonah and I headed straight from the airport to In-N-Out Burger, a promising start, then spent one night at the fancy schmancy London Hotel in West Hollywood. It was brief (thanks to a delayed flight) but lovely, continental breakfast, rooftop pool, giant chessboard and all.

We spent the rest of the weekend in a rental house seeing friends who are spread out all across the country these days. We don't see each other often enough, but when we do, it's as if no time at all has passed. We laughed until we cried, practiced our best Californian accents, sang, danced, sat in L.A. traffic, ate lots of chips and guac, watched a meteor shower at 2 in the morning and saw our dear friend Ashley get married. It was one of those trips that makes you think, "Why isn't life always like this?" But I guess the fact that it isn't, is what made it so special.

12 comments:

  1. Love the eigth picture; it reminds me of a Van gogh painting. So what is it about an In-n-out burger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy do I miss In n Out! I went to college in Ashland, OR (the last town in Oregon before California) and we used to pile in the car and drive the hour and a half to Redding to In n Out. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun! In-n-Out is a must! I'm sure it's my California roots that do it, but, I have to confess, that SNL skit makes me cringe...it kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, destination weddings are always an adventure. That giant chessboard looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of you and Nora is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup–looks like the perfect California weekend to me! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! Beautiful photos and you're right... why can't life always be that simple. Maybe we make it too complicated ;)
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for Ashley!!! I love the group shot of all of you!! Glad you had time together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FUN! I love those kinds of weekends. And the hotel looked utterly fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! That food looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like heaven! In n Out...mmm... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish every weekend included all of you! Thank you for being there, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips