Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fantastic Film


I don't think I ever fully gushed over Fantastic Mr. Fox, but it was probably my favorite movie last year. It's charming and funny with just the right amount of Wes Anderson quirkiness, the music is great, and the detail that went into the miniature sets, characters and Mr. Fox's corduroy suit is astounding. It's out on dvd today. See it or see it again.

There's also a beautiful book on the making of the film, which I think belongs on my coffee table.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I will have to see this!! Much love sweet lady! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to see it! Love Wes Anderson and all the actors whose voices were used! XO Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to see that movie....I guess I'll have to now after reading your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know, I LOVE this book, one of my favorites to read to my students. Glad the movie delivered, you never know with books to movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, i really wanted to see this--it's on on demand now, so perhaps my next rental? love the book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was just re-raving about fantastic mr. fox this weekend too! so good! "im getting tired of your sad house guest routine!" and "because im Little!" (thank you jason schwartzman)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips