Thursday, March 4, 2010

Winning White Chocolate Brownies


I've had white chocolate brownies on the brain ever since Olivia planted the idea in my head a few weeks ago. I finally caved to my curiosity and taste buds and made a batch. They were rich, had a perfect hint of white chocolate, and were so gooey if eaten warm. And if you can resist a warm brownie, I'd like to meet you and shake your hand.

White Chocolate Brownies
Recipe courtesy of Cooks.com

1 cup butter
10 ounces white chocolate
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a 9x11 inch baking dish with foil, leaving an overhang around the edges. Grease the foil. Break the chocolate into small pieces. Melt the butter with the chocolate, stirring frequently, over low heat. When melted and smooth, remove from heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir the sugar into the melted chocolate. Add the eggs and vanilla. Then add the flour, salt, and chopped pecans. Stir quickly until just mixed. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake at 325 F for 30-35 minutes, until top is lightly golden but center is still a little soft when pressed. Let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate the brownies at least 3 hours. Using the foil, lift them from the pan and cut into 20 to 25 squares.

19 comments:

  1. I almost wish I hadn't seen this because now I totally want to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to make them again!!! Yours turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look seriously delicious. must. resist. temptation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, can't believe I've never heard of white chocolate brownies until now. I don't know whether to thank you or not for introducing me to my new vice!;) They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've just posted what looks like heaven. i'm saving this to try myself one day:) marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness these look amazing! let me just indulge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I can't bake for the life of me, but this may have convinced me to try. They look delish! Serious chocolate craving right now... XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. White chocolate is a flavor I always associate with spring and Easter. I'll so have to try these -- those photos you took I could eat, they look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUMMY! I am baking tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these look heavenly! i can almost taste the butter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fashion+food+seattle? you've won my heart! :)

    must follow your blog now!

    hmm which chocolate brownies, why didn't i ever think of that??

    happy weekend! :D

    Tie Me a Bow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I will totally be making these. What flour works best?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good question! All-purpose flour. I updated the recipe in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These white brownies sound amazing. Another recipe I'll have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohmigosh, I've been obsessed with white hot chocolate this winter - this is the perfect extension! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just remembered to tell you that I made these, and omg were they fabulous, my John says you are his new mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, these look great! i'm totally making these after Lent is over!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used your recipe to make treats for a work event. Everyone loved them! One person said "This is quite possibly the best cupcake I've ever had".
    I made them into little brownie cupcakes. 1st layer: brownie; 2nd layer: combo of cream cheese, powdered sugar and cool whip; 3rd layer: sliced strawberries.
    Thank you very much for posting this!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips