Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Maple Baked Pears


If there's a smell better than warm maple syrup mingled with butter, I'd like to meet it and shake its hand. I would eat this sauce all by itself with a spoon, but since societal conventions tell us that's not acceptable, it's probably best to go ahead and make these baked pears. They are so simple to make but still impressive, and anything that requires ice cream on the side is a winner in my book. All the better to soak up that sauce.

Maple Syrup-Baked Pears
Recipe courtesy of Sweet Paul Magazine

4 pears
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 400ยบ F. You can peel the pears or not, but cut them in half. Place pears in an ovenproof dish or skillet and pour on the maple syrup. Cut butter into cubes and add. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Turn pears over and bake for another 10-12 minutes. Serve with ice cream.

15 comments:

  1. Mmm..Im craving one right now. I love maple baked pears:) Thanks so much for letting me know about your camera:) So sweet of you. Have a great Tuesday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delicious and so pretty. your photo's are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm!!! These look amazing.. I want to make this now!! hehe
    Thanks for sharing!

    ~Anya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found a new dessert that I HAVE to try. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sold! I just picked up some Asian pears at Trader Joe's last night and now I have a much better plan for them for dessert tonight! Now the question is, so I want some mascarpone cheese on the side or some bourbon vanilla ice cream....

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blog! these are great photos, i am now a new follower. :)
    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still patiently waiting for my pears to ripen. They're one of the key things that define this season for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So simple--but these look so so tasty. And I agree with you--butter and maple syrup. Can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple and sound so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT?!?!?! Those look amazing. I mean like make your mouth drool kind of amazing. WOWZER!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I've never baked pears, but these looks so good I want to give it a try stat!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips