Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekend in Photos


When there's a freak snowstorm on Halloween weekend, there are a couple of activities I recommend. First, spend the entire day inside making fall treats, then consume those treats while working on Halloween costumes. I roasted pumpkin seeds, made a batch of buckeyes (more on those later this week), and we perfected our Hunter S. Thompson à la Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and dinosaur/dragon/ hallucination costumes. I still haven't decided what exactly I am, but I did learn a hoodie, green tights and and some yellow duct tape create Halloween magic. On Sunday, the sun returned, the snow melted and life was back to normal with a little more chocolate and peanut butter than usual. Happy Halloween!

11 comments:

  1. Love what you put together with just a few items!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I'm really not a huge Halloween person and pumpkin seeds made be my favorite part. Yum and I'm jeally.

    p.s. does it come as a surprise to you that we have the same dish towels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, I absolutely love Buckeyes!

    Happy Halloween!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photography is getting really good! I love that last shot! Also, your halloween costume is steller. I hope you go trick or treating tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe y'all got snow in October. But if you're gonna get it, the "one day & it's gone" snow is right up my alley.

    Love your husband's costume - wow that's pretty good! Y'all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a good weekend!! I love the costume, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun snowy weekend! We're carving pumpkins tonight and can't wait to roast the seeds!

    Happy Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips