Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Perfect Pumpkin Bread


It's officially fall baking season according to my belly, so I made this pumpkin bread recipe that I've had bookmarked since last March. You can't just go around eating pumpkin bread in March, you know. So here it is, perfect, long-awaited pumpkin bread. It's moist, the spices are just right, and the cinnamon pecan filling makes you wonder why you'd ever eat pumpkin bread without it.

Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Pecan Filling
Recipe courtesy of Honey & Jam, adapted from Martha Stewart

3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups canned pumpkin purée
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup milk

Filling:
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 chopped pecans
1/2 stick butter, melted

To make filling: Combine sugar, cinnamon, pecans and butter in small bowl, mix to combine.

Makes two loaves. For bread: Preheat the oven to 350ºF and coat your pans with butter. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, spices, and salt, set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle, combine the pumpkin and sugars. Mix until well combined, and then add the eggs and oil. Mix until incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed. With the mixer on low, add the flour in two batches, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined. Fill two loaf pans half way, add filling, top with remaining batter. Bake for 55-60 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. A cake tester should come out clean. Cool the pans on a rack for ten minutes, remove the loaves from the pans, and cool completely.

20 comments:

  1. Could I just eat the photo, since you are so far away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookmarked. Definitely trying this one. Pumpkin, cinnamon...I am in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on bookmarking and baking and eating this ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks absolutely wonderful!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm, I think this is worth pulling out my pistachio colored KitchenAid mixer and USING it for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM, I LOVE pumpkin bread!

    P.S. I'm hosting a scarf swap today and would love for you to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so scrumptious. Cant wait to try your recipe. Muah:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum this sounds & looks so good... & your are right that pumpkin bread is the perfect fall recipe to start baking again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bookmarked! I'm way jealous that I'm not eating this right now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad there are other pumpkin purists out there! I tend to crave pumpkin year round but it just doesn't feel right until autumn hits!

    And this look incredible, can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup. That looks pretty perfect! I will had that to my recipe file. Our thanksgiving is next Monday, so I may give this one a go. Merci beaucoup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for fall baking too! This recipe looks perfect! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooo! I'm on the hunt for a new pumpkin recipe (it's like you ready my blog post I just drafted today before I even posted it!!). This sounds AMAZING. Man, I love me some pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yum!! :) A recipe from another one of my favorite food blogs! :) I'll have to try this out and compare! ;) Definitely "tis the season"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so good! I love finding new recipes. Thanks for sharing. I started my fall baking last night with corn bread to go with the Pumpkin Chili I made. Why does fall make me crave baked goodies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips