Thursday, October 20, 2011

All About AsiaDog


For the past few weeks, food vendors and carts have been gathered across the street from the Flatiron Building for Madison Square Eats. My latest craving of choice there is AsiaDog. You can get an organic beef, chicken or veggie dog topped with things like Japanese curry and homemade kimchi apples, mango-cucumber relish and crushed peanuts, or Chinese barbecued pork belly and onions. Not at all a typical hot dog in all the best ways. The final night of Madison Square Eats is this Friday, but thankfully AsiaDog has a permanent location downtown, which I'll be paying a visit to soon.

And here's my favorite traditional hot dog in New York.

13 comments:

  1. I still am uncertain of how I feel about hot dogs sans sauerkraut, but this post tempts me to try one of these when stateside again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, these sound wonderful! I love hot dogs with interesting toppings

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh my gosh these look delish!!
    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum this sounds delicious! We have a place here in Austin that's a gourmet hot dog place and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to try their dogs. Overall I'm not a hotdog fan, but I do love the weirdo toppings at Crif Dogs. Mago-cucumber relish sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! Although I am a simple sauerkraut and onions kind of gal, I never will deny a hot dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything with kimchi is ok in my book~ Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have "JapaDog" in Vancouver, and I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. verrrry interesting! I haven't had any hot dogs like that! my man says hot dogs are for kids lol! i'd def be open to trying these though, they look delicious!

    sharde @ the style projects

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make these sound so wonderful! Yum, I want one down the street from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy, this looks so delish :ppp
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the one with kimchi ketchup and chips. nom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips