Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend in Photos


We stayed in the outer boroughs this weekend. We had a Brooklyn day with our pals Bethany and Jerod, starting off with a yummy brunch at Reynard in the Wythe Hotel. I'm still thinking about my Dutch baby pancake topped with gruyere, prosciutto and blueberries. We wandered Williamsburg, stopping by Smorgasburg, cute shops and Mast Brothers Chocolate (free samples!). Then on Sunday, Jonah and I headed to Astoria for chicken and waffles at Queens Comfort and visited the Museum of the Moving Image to check out the Breaking Bad exhibit. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), no photos of Walter White's underwear were allowed, but the rest of the museum was a lot of fun for two pop culture nerds.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, so happy to see you explored Astoria! Queens Comfort is a few blocks from where I live. Their disco tots and biscuits and gravy are delicious! Looks like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mast brothers chocolate is dreamy! they are first on my list when i am there visiting this fall. as always, your pictures heighten my anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Astoria, but whenever I hear anybody talk about it, I want to take a trip to New York just to explore!

    Also, I think I need a dutch baby with blueberries, gruyere and prosciutto. I might just have to make one. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous weekend–and is that a Corpse Reviver I spy?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, you were in my hood! best place to spend a weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips