Thursday, February 16, 2012

Luxurious Lunch at Eleven Madison Park


I don't even know where to begin to describe the lunch Jonah, my parents and I had at Eleven Madison Park. For starters, it lasted about three hours. We had five courses, plus a surprising number of amuse-bouches and a couple of pre- and post-dessert treats, all courtesy of the kitchen. Things just sort of magically appear at the table. We each selected a different dish for each course, so we ended up with 16 different plates, plus the must-have roast duck glazed in lavender honey, presented and carved tableside. What can I say, we went a little nuts, but it was one of those best-of-your-life meals. Even the rolls were exceptional.

The menu is simple, just listing the main ingredient for each course, cauliflower, snapper, pear, etc. Other than that, you don't really know what you're getting, although it's thoroughly explained once the plate hits the table. The staff was knowledgeable, accommodating and friendly. It's innovative dining but not too stuffy. A good example is their spin on the egg cream, a drink usually found in New York City diners.

I think the best thing I can do is direct your eyes to all the beautiful food above, full of color, texture and, trust me, amazing flavor.

17 comments:

  1. The dining was SO wonderful and when I sat down I actually knew the building. I think Carrie and Big had a huge fight there years ago. It was as if I was in the movies. I highly recommend you treat yourself, but budget it in- you can not cut corners once you are dining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that lunch looks and sounds super! What a beautiful photos and is that a tea in that cup? What kind of tea is it? It looks so pretty. Have a wonderful day, dear. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that just looks & sounds incredible. I love finding great places to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momma,
    You know your S&TC! :)

    Diana,
    It was smoked apple tea with thyme, and it was so good! It actually tasted more like broth than tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous! We had reservations there for New Years but had to cancel last minute. We stayed in DC. :(
    LOVE, love, love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!! EMP lunch is amazing...a truly such a value consider all the food plus the flawless service! And those warm croissant/brioche-esque rolls. Heaven! And gorgeous photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I still haven't been here! Dying to go and you're not helping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy!

    http://okayiknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This place has been on my radar for years, but hasn't fit in with my regular trips to NY yet. Based on this review, I must MAKE an occasion instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. My. Goodness. I think I just studied each and every photo for a good minute apiece trying to imagine that it tasted as good as it looks (which is a given!)... Thank you for sharing! I need to get out east ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ed had a work lunch at eleven and he keeps telling me we need to go back. I'm not protesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your gorgeous photographs look even more delicious than the food. Incredible styling, beautifully captured.

    If you decide to cross over to photographing vintage clothing, please let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely beautiful photography! that meal look sinfully good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these photos look absolutely delicious!

    I've always wanted to try Eleven Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How spectacular! Wonderful photography! I just visited NYC from New Haven, CT. I loved it there so much! Any tips for next time?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips