Friday, October 11, 2013

Life and Stuff


How's life, everybody? Next week, we're headed to Austin. We were just there in April, but Jonah has a work trip so we're piggy-backing a vacation onto it. I'm excited to eat bbq, visit our friends and get another look at Austin. It's all a birthday present too because on the 22nd, I turn 30! I'm actually not dreading it as much as I thought I would be. This week, my mom told me that she loved her thirties. As she said, "It means you're not just a punk kid anymore." I'm going with that philosophy. Besides, at 29 and 3/4, I've got no complaints.

7 comments:

  1. The 30's are actually a great age period. I liked them better than my 20's and definitely better than I'm liking my 40's (meh). Women take on an air of confidence and strength that shows in their eyes but still have youth on their side. You will be a beautiful thirty something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love this, Wendy. And thanks for your sweet words. :)

      Delete
  2. I always find it interesting to see how people my age juggle careers and support their spouses careers as well. How do you do it? I know you have mentioned you work. Are you a teacher? You will enjoy your thirties so many life changing experiences to look forward to. Enjoy that bbq. Now I'm craving bbq. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a full-time website editor, but I can work remotely when I need to, which gives me a lot of flexibility, and I just try to squeeze in as much vacation time as possible. ;)

      Delete
  3. Have a blast in Austin! It's on my list of places to visit because everyone raves about it--the food especially.

    I also hear that so many women love their 30s. I have no doubt yours will be great! And I love that your mom called you a "punk kid" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun–I still haven't made it to Austin, though I'm certain I'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you need any tips let me know! (Like how to eat great BBQ without lining up at Franklins). I recommend John Mueller Meat Co and also Freedmens (who are open for dinner and make their own tonic and smoked desserts!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips