Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Maple Milkshake


All that talk about maple candy yesterday got me thinking and led me and my brain to a maple milkshake. I never knew maple syrup went so well with vanilla ice cream. Feel free to play with the amount of syrup you add -- this version is sweet, but the maple flavor really comes through. Now onto thinking about chocolate maple milkshakes.

Maple Milkshake

1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, grade B
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend ingredients until smooth. Pour into glass and drizzle with more syrup, if you like. Makes one large milkshake.

10 comments:

  1. I just saw this on Facebook and made a B-line over here for the recipe. I cannot believe I didn't think of this before, thanks for the great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmmm!!! I bet it would be good with some crushed walnuts mixed in too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was little my dad would make me milkshakes with an egg yolk in them, I bet it would be perfect in this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last spring, I went to a sugar shack in the Berkshires where they made a milkshake just like this. It was DELICIOUS. Now I want to make one ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this sounds so good, and I already have all the ingredients needed - yes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh. So simple but it sounds delicious! Perfect for fall :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips