Thursday, December 15, 2011

Festive Felt


Last year, I fell for felt ball garlands while making this multicolored one for the windowsill. This year, I decided to go for the whole tree. All you need is some heavy thread, a large needle, a thimble and lots of felt balls, which I purchased here. You can tie a knot on both sides of each ball to ensure they stay in place, but if the thread is thick enough, they'll pretty much stay put on their own. I spaced them an inch or so apart, and it took about 160 felt balls to make it down and around a six-foot tree.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh what a pretty garland! And so festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I think I want to do that next year. We went w/the ol' paper chain this year. The kids had fun participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. I'm thinking of making a non-holiday one for my daughter's room. I just need to figure out where to hang it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I am so getting crafty next holiday season (I dropped the ball this year, haha)... Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love working with wool-- these are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips