Friday, January 6, 2012

Chocolate for Christmas


For me, Christmas and chocolate go hand in hand. As a kid, I'd get a big box of Godiva chocolates and enjoy them over the course of a year. They had to last until the next Christmas when, sure enough, Santa would bring me another box of Godiva. Playmobil and chocolate truffles, I could always count on getting both. This Christmas, my mother-in-law gave me an extra special treat from Fran's Chocolates, an enormous Calimyrna fig filled with dark chocolate ganache and dipped in chocolate. Over-the-top perfect!

9 comments:

  1. Mmm that looks and sounds like a perfect chocolate treat! For me Christmas is all about chocolate treats as well. Happy Friday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...that looks absolutely decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh my, that looks incredible! I love figs. What a fun treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo glad you love it! Thanks for showing the cross section...I'm heading in to get one for myself! The holidays are not over until the end of the month right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That looks yummy. I wish you had opened it here so we could have a taste. Now I know what to ask Santa for next year...assuming I'm not naughty again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Frans, dark chocolate salted caramels are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks lovely! I recently treated myself to the Holiday Dessert Truffle Collection from Godiva. 12 different truffles, one for each of the 12 day's of Christmas. I don't think I could make a box last a whole year! Really enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's probably my new year's diet making me crazy, but i want to reach through my screen and gobble that up right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips