Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend in Photos


It was one of those weekends all about food. It seemed like our first real blast of winter in NYC, so casual, comforting meals were the perfect reward for the icy gusts of wind to the face every time you stepped foot outside. Friday night, Jonah and I had dinner with friends at Tipsy Parson, which involved pimento cheese, grits and hush puppies. On Saturday, we wandered around downtown Manhattan, stopping at Parm for calamari and chicken parm sandwiches and La Churreria for churros dipped in thick chocolate sauce and espresso poured over condensed milk. Sunday was a little more cozy, homemade pizza and chocolate chip cookies to go along with the Golden Globes.

15 comments:

  1. Mmm...those photos look really scrumptious and I'm glad that you had a wonderful weekend:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy weekend, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had a big bowl of pasta and watched the globes as well. also, i hope that the previous commenter "momma" is actually your mom. cause that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, you eat the best food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart churros! This is definitely a place I need to visit next time I pop into NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my word all that food is making me hungry! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh . . . yum. those bites look absolutely delish. i've never tried churros but they look amazing . . . and, wow, it looks like it's time for an early lunch for me now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. those look insanely delicious...sounds like a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you about weekends being all about food! The chocolate and churro combo brought tears to my hungry eyes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love food weekends! The whole post made me hungry for cozy, warm treats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks divine, i love when weekends are all about food!

    p.s. those churros make me wish i was in spain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm sounds like my kind of weekend. I read about the churro place on Hither & Thither the other day! I must try espresso over sweetened condensed milk asap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Espresso poured over condensed milk? Holy Lord, that sounds divine. Looks like y'all had a glorious foodie weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chocolate dipped anything makes for a fantastic weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips