Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One Big Bun


Before my cross-country flight to Seattle, I thought it would be nice to put my hair up since it always ends up flat and frizzy after a long flight. Thankfully, all the bobby pins didn't set off the metal detector at the airport, and the bun held up so nicely that I'm eager to take this style to the streets. It takes a little time but was easy to do, even for this hairstyle-incompetent girl. Here's the secret, would you believe that beneath that pile of hair there's a rolled up sock? Here's how you do it.

[spotted on: design crush]

14 comments:

  1. cute and great idea for a long flight! can you believe I had my hair (it's short too) patted down at security at detroit metro?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I've seen so many of these bun tutorials online but they all start with dirty hair, and I just can't pull off that look. I love the sock idea, I'll definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that's crazy! What a neat way to make a bun! Happy 2012 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love sock buns, one of my go to styles :-)

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty! I'm dying for my hair to be long enough to do buns like these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Love it. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I am going to have to try this sock thing. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks awesome! I've been meaning to try the sock bun because without it my regular bun just looks like a little onion on top of my head. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha. That was funny! I can't wait to try this, your hair looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love it. preparing for a flight always stumps me, i never know whether i should dress down or up, and this is a relaxed yet fancy spin, I think :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips