Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

 

If I'm at a bakery and in the mood for a cookie, I go for the chocolate on chocolate every time. I'm always drawn in by their glossy, crackly tops, and the fact that they're sort of like brownies in cookies' clothing doesn't hurt. I'd never tried making my own, so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the results of this Martha Stewart recipe. I followed it exactly and just threw in some chopped walnuts for a little extra crunch. I liked the cookies best fresh out of the oven for that extra gooey, brownie-like taste, but they were also good days later. As is the case with most of my favorite desserts, a glass of milk comes in handy.

[recipe courtesy of: Martha Stewart]

14 comments:

  1. I tried these some months ago and they really were very good and very chocolatey. Looking at these pictures makes me want to make them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had one of those cookies right now! They look delicious!! =)

    Lemanie's Randomness Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we've both been daydreaming of cookies lately. Chocolate on chocolate? Uh-maaaazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um--these look amazing. I think I need to try them out soon---very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies look ....well.... good enough to eat.....really!!!!..... they sound delicious.... but it is in fact your beautiful photos that I most admire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow. The inside looks so good!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally, That is so nice of you to say. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Sally, I don't know which I like more - the photos or the idea of the cookie itself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like i'll be baking this afternoon! these look too delicious to pass up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh good God, my stomach is absolutely begging me to make a batch–yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My hubby will really love those...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your choco chip cookies looks more chocolate-y than other recipes I find online! I really want to have a plate right now. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips