Thursday, April 19, 2012

Eat Local


One of the restaurants where I ate when I was home was Local 11 Ten. It's in a restored 1950s bank building in downtown Savannah near beautiful Forsyth Park. They rely on locally sourced meat, produce and seafood, and the dishes are thoughtfully and beautifully prepared. Tasty cocktails, Vidalia onion soup, a perfect pork chop and peanut butter ice cream were the highlights for me. The menu also has a create-your-own entree section, where you choose the protein, sauce and side, and above the restaurant is a rooftop bar adorably titled Perch. If you're ever in Savannah, I'd recommend paying this place a visit.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm... my favorite place- beside your Daddy's table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that looks so good. I've lived in Georgia for 2 years and still haven't been to savannah! Maybe this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food is so beautifully presented! What a precious restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Lord, that looks so good, my stomach is grumbling. I like that create your own entree option-what a great idea. Also, peanut butter ice cream is one of my favorite desserts ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely check this place out--looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips