Friday, May 11, 2012

Like Mother, Like Daughter


I love this sweet Mother's Day card from Rifle Paper Co. It reminds me of how I always watched my mom get ready in her makeup mirror -- the white plastic kind with different light settings like "office" and "evening." Naturally, when I went away to college, I had to get my own own makeup mirror. It was the most normal thing in the world to me, but it was like no one else had ever seen one. My roommates and friends assumed it was some sort of scanner or fax machine. So thanks Momma for teaching me about looking my best in "home" lighting and 5x magnification mirrors.

12 comments:

  1. i love this! so so sweet.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Sweet Pea! Didn't those roomates/freinds borrow your "looking glass" when they wanted to look their best? That's what I remember about the mirror/fax machine. Love you Kid, thanks for those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post, the card and your mom's reply above... ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is so so cute and so true for me and my mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww my mom's biggest make up tip growing up with use the lipstick as the rouge. bright red. lol :) have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and precious! My mom and grandma had makeup mirrors like that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I totally have one of those with the different light settings. I always used it to do my hair looking in it. I love those things!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. what a great memory. my mom totally had one of those makeup mirrors - she may still have one. moms are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may have borrowed the fax machine once or twice... :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips