Thursday, May 10, 2012

Walking Coaster


From far away, it looks like a roller coaster, especially when it's all lit up at night. But it's actually a walkway with very steep stairs for visitors to take in the surrounding landscape. The coaster-style sculpture, called "Tiger & Turtle - Magic Mountain," is in Duisburg, Germany. It was built on top of mining waste using zinc, steel and tin. And in case you were wondering, you can't climb the loop, it's just for show. I thought about that really hard for a while.

[spotted on: enpundit; photos courtesy of: phaenomedia]

10 comments:

  1. Well that's one way to get your daily exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live very close to Duisburg but I never knew they had such a great thing! I have to check it out! THANKS FOR POSTING IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is SO cool - though I wonder if I'd get sick of walking all the stairs halfway through?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is my kind of roller coaster! I can do it at my pace :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome, and i too spent a little while wondering how the hell the loop worked! cheers for clearing that up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WAS wondering about that loop so thank you for letting us know!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips