Friday, March 15, 2013

Brew Bread

guinness bread
homemade guinness bread

It's been a food and drink heavy week around here. Because Jonah was out of town, I had to occupy my time with the other love of my life, carbohydrates. I stirred up this Guinness bread to get my Irish on for the weekend. The Guinness and molasses combo make for a dark, rich, chewy bread that's slightly sweet. So now you can drink your Guinness and eat it too, although I prefer the latter. Hope you all have a great weekend and a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

[recipe from Simply Recipes]

9 comments:

  1. Now this looks like a bread I would be successful making! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like Irish soda bread only better. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Pinned it to my Breads board to save for later :)

    My mom has a mix for beer bread that is delicious- one of my favorite snacks by itself or with dips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds very good! my friend makes beer bread with a light beer but like the idea of something heartier with the guinness. happy st pattys weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this sounds good! I can't drink beer right now, this might be the next best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very interesting recipe, I think it is suitable for breakfast,I will try it next...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds awesome. I made an apple cake this weekend, but used too much oil. Now I can't stop thinking about a better baked good. Maybe it will be Guinness Bread!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips