Friday, March 1, 2013

This Thing That I Love


While I was thinking about things that I treasure for February's photo project, I realized there are a lot of objects that are special to me. Stuff that's more than just stuff because of nostalgia, uniqueness or just because it makes me smile.

This Rolling Stones 1978 tour t-shirt is my dad's. I consider it proof of his excellent taste and the fact that he was a rock star in his own mind. I can't fully describe the perfect softness of this shirt. They just don't make 'em like they used to. That's me as a kid, baffled by its softness. It was my favorite shirt to sleep in growing up, and at some point, it became mine for keeps. It came with me to college, and it's tucked away in a drawer right now. I do fear that a hole will form in that delicate, worn-in cotton one day, and its slow death will begin, so I don't wear it too often, only when I need to feel like a rock star ... in a cardigan.

8 comments:

  1. so adorable! what a great photo.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so completely jealous right now!!! Yes, with a cardigan -for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, i love this! and what an AMAZING t-shirt! i want one, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cutey and btw bangs are back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so get where you are coming from---Super cute shirt! And love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! My first concert (age 4) was the Rolling Stones–I don't know that I've ever quite recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old T-shirts are the best :) I have a huge collection of my sister's and my old shirts from way way way long ago, and I'm keeping them forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME t-shirt! So many people are probably walking around with vintage style band tees and you have an original. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips