Thursday, March 28, 2013

Garden and Glass


While in Seattle, Jonah and I paid a visit to Chihuly Garden and Glass. It's an indoor and outdoor exhibition featuring Dale Chihuly's colorful, playful, breathtaking glass work. I loved seeing the pieces mingled with flowers and plant life. And the centerpiece of the exhibition, a glass house with an enormous suspended sculpture and the Space Needle overhead, is one of my new favorite things in Seattle.

Speaking of favorite things from Seattle, today is Jonah's birthday! Happy Birthday to the cutest, funniest, best guy I know. Party like you mean it!


[Jonah pic courtesy of Reams Photo]

10 comments:

  1. These are so bright & happy! That exhibition must have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful glass work no stone throwing in that garden
    Happy birthday J-Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday :o) Seattle,it must be a beautiful city! Fantastic glass works, some looks like Murano masterpieces...
    Sabry

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place!! I love blown glass art work! It's so gorgeous!

    Happy Birthday Jonah! I hope you two have a rocking birthday!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's breathtaking! It's really amazing what all you can do with glass! It creates such visually appealing pieces of art. And Happy Birthday to Jonah - you two are the cutest :) I hope you celebrate accordingly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! Happy Birthday Jonah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! My university's art museum had a Chihuly sculpture in the main hall, so I've always had a soft spot for the work. I'll have to visit the exhibit if I ever make it out to Seattle.

    Happy birthday to Jonah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you took pictures. I never made it there on my last trip to Seattle :/
    AND it's sunny?? (Actually, I think that these days the weather in Seattle is better than over here in NY). Hope you had a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Chihuly pics! And what a rockin out photo of hubbie. You are a perfect match. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips