Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bridal Shower: Sweets and Eats


My favorite thing about planning any event is focusing on the food. For Saturday's bridal shower, I wanted a few savory items, heavy on desserts, and of course, everything had to be cute. Thanks to all you fabulous bloggers, I had plenty of recipes and inspiration at my disposal. 

I served a sour cream pound cake with fresh strawberries and blueberries. Olivia's fantastic caramel sea salt brownies, which earned rave reviews. Janis' adorable lemon poppy seed mini muffins. For my one purchased sweet, I splurged on salted caramel and passion fruit macarons because they are perfection. I had a cheese plate inspired by Joanna's masterpiece with a Savannah Bee honeycomb thrown in. My new favorite appetizer, Caprese on a stick. A chilled soup which included cucumber, pineapple and onion -- my gourmet-inclined dad coached me on it over the phone and we decided to call it "Maui gazpacho." And the cocktail was a Blissini, a blend of Prosecco, orange juice and pomegranante juice -- and an appropriate title for the day's overall vibe.

16 comments:

  1. oh my yum. that blissini is so up my alley. in fact, i'd love one right now. tuesday, too soon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful & absolutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all so cute and delicious looking! I was at my cousins bridal shower this weekend and lots of trays were going around with mini foods and drinks. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How glorious! I haven't tried a sour cream pound cake yet -- probably because I'm so obsessed with the cream cheese pound cake I make. All I have to say is thank goodness I have two breakfasts each morning. Just looking at these photos seriously made me hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that mini chilled soup idea is brilliant. i may have to borrow it for my husband's grad brunch :). also, caprese ona stick! perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to make the sea salt brownies for months now! The setup looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Everyone would love to have you as a best friend.... what a lovely party. I copied the brownie recipe - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this baby shower looks so lovely! you did a fabulous job and all that food looks so yummy. the decor turned out so pretty as well. you are definitely the hostess with the mostess girl :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mouth is watering...that menu is incredible and everything looks delicious!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning from Tokyo!

    Everything looks so lovely and delicious...what great ideas! And as a southerner, anything served on a stick is good in my book. Just my two cents!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely AMAZING! Everything looks so good - and obviously very carefully selected. What a lucky bride!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice...very nice! I love that you added a honeycomb to the cheese plate. The perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it all looks so yummy and perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on the menu!!! My highest compliments to you.

    I think I'll be trying the brownies and I'd love for you to share the "Maui Gazpacho!" Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to make these sea salt caramel brownies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips