Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Desperately Seeking Sandwich


My first stop on the hunt for the perfect breakfast sandwich may just be my last. It was pretty darn close to perfect. After a few recommendations, I ended up at the cozy and quaint Clinton St. Baking Company. Their sandwich, which arrives open-face, is built upon a crumbly and light buttermilk biscuit, which houses fluffy scrambled eggs, melted cheddar, crispy bacon, and the clincher, a tangy and sweet tomato jam. It's necessary to eat it with a fork and a knife, since it's so big and the biscuit is so crumbly, but no complaints here. It's definitely bordering on breakfast perfection.

12 comments:

  1. oh my. so funny, i bookmarked clinton street bakery on my computer months ago so that i would remember to go there on my next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo looks delish! I would love that sandwich right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! Did you have to wait a long time? I have heard great things, but every time I go past, it has a long line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, they told us it would be an hour wait, but it ended up being 30 minutes, so we were pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's all kinds of incredible. I say push on and maybe discover some more incredible breakfast sandwiches. In the meantime, I'm marking this place down to visit in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks delicious! i need to visit

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's on my to eat list

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok...i seriously NEED that breakfast sandwich. i've been all about breakfast sandwiches these days...quite often for dinner. i'll have to start hunting for a good place to get one here in portland!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips