Friday, May 20, 2011

Wedding Weekend


My weekend full of bridesmaid duties begins today. It's the vintage-inspired, peacock palette wedding that I've been talking about for months. All the bridesmaids were in charge of their own dresses, so I ended up buying a custom made dress from Etsy shop Dig for Victory. It's just like the one above except it has more of a boat-neck. I actually spotted it last year and included it in a St. Patrick's Day post of all things green. I never thought I'd end up buying one. Blogging is so handy sometimes! I have a petticoat to wear under it for some vintage flair and twirling capabilities. Gold glittery heels, teal jewelry and a messy side bun should complete the look. I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for all your sweet words and wishes yesterday! Y'all make me wanna do a hip-hop dance.

16 comments:

  1. sounds lovely! i love that dress as inspiration. hope you share some pictures :) have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna look divine! Can't wait to see the photos.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear all about the wedding! Lots of pics please! Have a wonderful time, I am sure it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time at the wedding! And I love the dress. I can't believe I hadn't heard about Dig for Victory before, but I'm positively obsessed with their dresses now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a fun wedding weekend!! loooove the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This wedding sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see the picture!

    xo,
    http://bigmariolife.blogspot.com/2011/05/awkward-awesome.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gold glittery heels? That sounds like perfection! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute dress!! Have an amazing time at the wedding this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness that dress is stunning! Your outfit sounds like a dream to wear...hope you have a wonderful wedding weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wedding sounds amazing! {actually anything with the word peacock in it is amazing!} Have a wonderful time! xo Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will look so beautiful! That dress is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this dress, you will look gorgeous!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my Great Giveaway from Serena & Lily!

    You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I LOVE THE DRESS! Gorgeous Colour!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow did you do good. What a gorgeous dress! Congrats to the bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips