Friday, June 15, 2012

Strawberry and St. Germain Summer Cocktail


St. Germain has become one of my favorite components of a drink, so I decided to combine it with strawberries for something sweet and summery. The sparkling rosé and club soda make it light and fizzy, and the color is outrageous. I'm calling it Sunset in Paris. Did you know naming cocktails is actually pretty tough? All the good ones are already taken.

By the way, I've been filling that adorable mini colander with strawberries almost every day. See my guest post about it and some other summer kitchen gadgets here. Hope you have a beautiful weekend full of pink skies!

Sunset in Paris
2 oz. strawberry puree
3 oz. St. Germain
4 oz. Brut Rosé
4 oz. club soda

To make strawberry puree, combine 5 medium strawberries, quartered, and 2 teaspoons water in a blender. Strain with a sieve to remove all the seeds. You should end up with around 2 oz. of puree after straining. Combine puree, St. Germain, sparkling rosé and club soda in a large glass and stir. Pour into champagne glasses and garnish with strawberry slices. Makes 2.

12 comments:

  1. Summer refreshment, serve me up, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my boyfriend hooked on French Gimlets, which is just a splash of St G in a gimlet, so I always have a bottle around. It's so yummy! And the bottle is beautiful. I'm going to have to try this one out :)

    http://fromfreyawithlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So refreshing! I love St. Germain drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds do refreshing and great for a warm summer evening! Thanks do much!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, this looks so incredibly delicious! I recently tried St. Germain for the first time a few months ago, and have been hooked ever since :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Rosé! This looks like a great way to spruce it up. Thanks for sharing it!
    -Michelle
    http://www.m-liveloudly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect, pretty cocktail for a sunny June Friday. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the guest post on gadgets...you are my source for fun in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds absolutely divine–cheers!

    PS–John and I have spent hours trying to name the simplest cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, mixes well with NOLET'S silver
    Gin. Add i2 oz. to this cocktail for a great twist on a French 75 style cocktail.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips