Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tea & Me


When I was a little girl, my mom and her friend Charlotte would paint together on Saturday mornings. When they finished for the day, a tea party would commence in my bedroom. An upside down, plastic Lego container was the table, pillows were seats, and my doll size tea set served us well. There were no finger sandwiches or scones, but if I was lucky there would be some leftover brownies that had been baked earlier in the week.
When my mom gave me a new, grown-up set of cups and saucers a few Christmases ago, it was like coming full circle. The table has gotten bigger and I've grown beyond Lipton, but there's still nothing like spending a Saturday with a nice cup of tea in a pretty cup. It's not at all a necessity, but a delightful luxury that any little girl would understand.

1 comment:

  1. i think i had that lego table. red? shaped like a round trashcan? i never knew tea until i came to nyc. and first i thought it was for weird, wanna-be hippies, but i quickly learned, tea is for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips