Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Guest Post: I Heart Montreal


Vanessa of Hey, Lady Grey refers to her blog as "nurturing" and I can't think of a more apt description. Her beautiful finds, photos of the outdoors and yummy baked things are as comforting as a cozy flannel blanket on a fall day.
***

Hello lovely SoHo readers, my name is Vanessa from Hey Lady Grey, and it is such an honour to guest post on this incredible blog!

I live in Montreal, Canada.... it's a true gem of a city! Have you ever been there? If you haven't you should definitely come for a visit. Although it's very cold here in the winter, it is this bitter cold that gives rise to our unique joie-de-vivre. Because when summer roles in, this city truly appreciates it and celebrates unlike any other. You should definitely visit Montreal in the summer - it's phenomenal!


But aside from the festivals, live music & parties, what I love most about this city is its day to day life. Our French language and heritage makes for a truly unique cultural experience. Trendy boutiques, incredible restaurants & cafes, farmers markets, artisanale bakeries... Montreal will definitely leave you satisfied! I've lived here my whole life and I am still discovering new areas. And yet Montreal doesn't actually feel that big. In the summer I walk everywhere and I always run into someone I know. It's a little big city with a whole lotta heart, and I absolutely love it!

14 comments:

  1. I would love to one day do a tour of Canada. I've been to Quebec & it was just beautiful. It's one of my favorite cities. Montreal is definitely on my list of where I want to go to in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! As a Canadian I am sad to say I have not been to Montreal yet, but it is definitely at the top of my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in the summer and I have been in the winter- I think the fashion shopping is great and th restaurants fine- great post V!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Canada and this post is so lovely:) I so want to visit Montreal again:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can tell you really adore Montreal. Great hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You couldn't have described it better. It sounds wonderful. I've never been to Montreal - only Toronto - but I'd love to go someday! (definitely in summer :-D )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, such a sweet tribute to a beautiful city. I've been to other Canadian cities but need to go to Montreal next! (I believe one can fall in love with a city/town just like one can with people :)).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you make me want to go there now! Great guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always dreamed of visiting Montreal. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Montreal is definitely on my must visit list - my mother in law adores living there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been but always wanted to visit, sounds like such a romantic city!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just perfect!! So many times people learn I'm Canadian and refer to Montreal as their favorite city. So much to see, do and take in. A very unique and special place.

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to visit Montreal one day! I've only heard good things :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually haven't been to Montreal, yet! Thanks for sharing pics of your fabulous city. I will get there one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips